INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on the following site: www.tekesports.com This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, creating or updating your personal profile, take part in a prize draw or competition, newsletters or exclusive offers via email or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfillment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION?
We will require you to provide particular personal information such as credit / debit card details and your billing address for the purposes of completing your order. We will only use this information for the purposes of managing your order or your usage of the Website.
Providing additional personal information is up to you. We collect personal information to enter you into contests and notify you of results, to e-mail you with updates, news and special offers, to respond to your questions or comments, to register you for certain features on the Website.
Beyond this we will not share your information with any other company without your consent unless we are required to do so by law, if you have won a prize or if you have made a request for specific information. If you give us consent then we may share your information with our partners, subsidiaries or related companies in order that they can contact you with information, promotions, products, services, and offers that may be interesting to you.
We will never sell your information to any other company.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIES
We use session cookies that allow you to be remembered within the website, so any page changes or item or data selection you do is recalled from page to page. This means that you don’t get asked the same information that you’ve already given to the site. These cookies are temporary and are erased when you close your browser at the end of your surfing session.
We use tracking cookies. These help us to remember your information and settings when you visit our website in the future. This results in a faster and more convenient access and may enhance your experience of services or functions we offer. These cookies remain on your hard drive until you delete them or they expire (they have varying expiry dates, going up to two years).
We also use web analytics cookies to help us understand what content is most useful to our visitors. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they’re using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by making sure that users are finding what they need easily.
Our cookies do not keep personally identifiable information. None of the data we get from cookies will contain information that will enable anyone to contact you via telephone, email, or any other means.
Please visit www.aboutcookies.org to find out more about cookies.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) if you have consented to be contacted in this way. We will always comply with applicable laws, including the Privacy Act 1993 and the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. If at any time you would like to stop us contacting you in via electronic means, you can unsubscribe either by using the links in the emails that we send or by contacting us at [email protected]
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in Auckland). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 5 of the Companies Act 1993.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If we or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and we will always comply with applicable law, including the Privacy Act 1993 and the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE
Our policy is to allow users to unsubscribe from our regular emails at any time. You can do this by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you’ve received. Should you experience any problems please call our Customer Service Team who will assist you.
If you have asked us to stop sending emails and this hasn’t happened it may be because the email address to which we are sending them is not the same as the address you sent your request from. Please check the address we are using and include this information in your request. The easiest way to do this is to return to us the whole of the unwanted email. The address we are sending to is included within the message.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access and correct information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.